I am now down to finding a replacement front exhaust manifold. It’s a long story, but suffice to say that late S1 XJ6’s use a different exhaust than earlier cars, and frankly the earlier one is a superior design. I have three front manifolds, none are right for the early system. Sigh.
In any case, the XJ6 now has:
- Rebuilt front suspension
- Rebuilt rear suspension
- New differential pinion oil seal, plus backplate gasket
- New cam cover gaskets and o-rings
- New transmission cooler lines
- New alternator
- New carb floats and replacement float bowl on front carb
- New stainless pistons in all brake calipers, turned or new rotors, and new pads
- New brake flex hoses
- New stainless exhaust
- Resealed steering rack with new hoses and poly mounts
- New SU fuel pump to replace the aftermarket pump for the left tank
- All new fuel lines and new fuel filter gaskets in the boot
- New steering adjustment cone to maybe keep the wheel locked
- A big primer patch on the bonnet
I hope at the end of the day something–anything–on that list seems to have changed anything on the car. But I need that manifold, first.
Dude, your tabs have expired. So, this is going to cure the fuel smell from the boot?
did you fix the windscreen washer? if not, all of this I have to say looks pretty thin! cheers, J.
Very handsome motorcar. Now, sell it to me for $1000.